A geographic information system (GIS) is more than just the visualization of spatial data. GIS is a tool for problem solving that can aid in decision making.
- Geospatial data helps map where things are.
- Geospatial data helps map the location of quantities.
- Geospatial data helps map the densities of items.
- Geospatial data helps map changing conditions over time.
- GIS helps identify what is inside an area of interest and find what is nearby.
The CSSR offers geospatial computing and consulting services to researchers needing to acquire or generate geospatial data, create or analyze maps, analyze data through remote sensing (e.g., via drones), compute geostatistics, or develop interactive map design.